Canadian markets were closed today so I decided to read a bit more of Michael Covel’s updated edition of: ‘Trend Following – Learn To Make Millions In Up Or Down Markets.’ Here is the list of Key Points on page 67 from Ed Seykota who is famous for his ‘Market Wizards’ book interview and of course for his outstanding performance as a trend following trader. Great food for thought.
Ed Seykota – Quotes
- Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market. Some people seem to like to lose, so they win by losing money.
- To avoid whipsaw losses, stop trading.
- Risk no more than you can afford to lose and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful.
- Trend following is an exercise in observing and responding to the ever-present moment of now.
- Fundamentalists and anticipators may have difficulties with risk control because a trade keeps looking ‘better’ the more it goes against them.
- Until you master the basic literature and spend some time with successful traders, you might consider confining your trading to the supermarket.
- I don’t predict a non-existing future.
It can be very expensive to try to convince the markets you are right.
Here at the Tischendorf Letter we listen to the market!
Members get exposure to the best leading stocks.